[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

JP Renaud linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:15:15 +0100

On Friday 12 August 2005 21:43, prosolutions@gmx.net wrote:
> I'm deciding on getting a Thinkpad and have a question about the
> difference between SXGA+ (1400x1050) versus XGA (1024x768) resolution.
> Most people think more is better but I have read reports of annoyances
> also when the resolution is so high that, for example, many images on
> web pages are ridiculously small. =A0

I have a R51 SXGA+ (1829-9MG) and I love the screen. As I said in an earlie=
r=20
post I sometimes wish I had bought a 1600x1200 T42 but the price difference=
=20
was too high for my employer...

I have no problem with pictures on web pages and text is easy to resize if=
=20
necessary with CTRL-+ in Konqueror.

In Konsole and kvim, I do like rather small fonts and I use the Bitstream V=
era=20
Sans Monospace font at size 10. I have had a collegue or two saying that my=
=20
fonts were too small but they usually work from a desktop, much further fro=
m=20
the screen than I usually am.

It is usually screen brightness/contrast which strain my eyes, the Thinkpad=
=20
screen is rather good in this respect.

JP=20

=2D-=20