[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:08:01 -0500

prosolutions@gmx.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm deciding on getting a Thinkpad and have a question about the
> difference between SXGA+ (1400x1050) versus XGA (1024x768) resolution.

You know this *really* annoys me.  Who thought up this scheme of
designating screen resolution with random letters?  What's wrong
with just saying 1400x1050?  I look at the advertisements for laptops
these days and have no idea of the screen layout.

Screen Real Estate is something you won't want to give up once you get
used to it.  You can always make the screen font bigger.  My TP is a
770Z at 1280x1024.  I feel extremly cramped if I have to use a screen at
1024x768 or God forbid 800x600.