[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:24:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Richard Neill wrote:

> Jim Harvey wrote:
> > prosolutions@gmx.net wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm deciding on getting a Thinkpad and have a question about the
> >> difference between SXGA+ (1400x1050) versus XGA (1024x768) resolution.
> >

> > You know this *really* annoys me.  Who thought up this scheme of
> > designating screen resolution with random letters?  What's wrong
> > with just saying 1400x1050?  I look at the advertisements for laptops
> > these days and have no idea of the screen layout.
> >

> It's even worse that that! A 15" widescreen is *smaller* than a 15"
> regular. Honestly, I think they should be called "shortscreen"!
>
> Richard
>

> P.S. VGA = 640x480
>       UXGA = 1600x1200
>       WUGXA = 1600x900  (I think)

Revolution, marketroids, wall, etc.

LIBRA:  A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
much more talented than you.  Laughter is the very best medicine,
remember that when your appendix bursts next week.  -- Weird Al