[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Graphics card?

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:00:57 -0400 (EDT)

> > I'm thinking about buying an R52. I was pretty sure that this was the
> > laptop I needed but then I read about the "fan always on" problem
>
> I've just got an ThinkPad R52 test laptop (i915 graphics), running it under
> all the supplied Windows configurations, the fan appears to be permanently
> on.
>
> I would far prefer it to come at full speed for a minute and stay off for
> the next ten.

Don't think it can do that.  It can't be cooled past room temperature by a
fan alone, and that's probably not cool enough to last ten minutes uncooled.

TAURUS:  You will never find true happiness - what you gonna
do, cry about it?  The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up,
do a bunch of stuff and then go back to sleep.  -- Weird Al