[ltp] Thinkpad APM Support

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:24:21 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, Andrew Jesaitis wrote:

> Then I restarted the acpi
> daemon.  I tried the blank screen hotkey.  No dice. I also reconfigured the
> ./event sleep script to call my (actually the niemueller) sleep script in
> ./action and I didn't get it to work.  Any ideas?? Thanks,

Oh, and if it's Fedora, or some other distro with SELinux enabled,
it may be getting in the way.  For Fedora, try it after "setenforce
0" - if it works, it's SELinux (setenforce 1 to turn it back on).

Don't just disable SELinux globally, or at least only turn it off
for acpid - it will certainly get in the way of swsusp2/suspend2.
To do this in Fedora, system-config-securitylevel, which just changes
a boolean value in /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans.local - this may
be helpful for other distros, dunno.

Or you can tailor your SELinux policies specifically to allow the
security contexts you need acpid to have - but it's tricky :)

Honey