[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Gr

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:03:06 +0200

honey@gneek.com wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, honey@gneek.com wrote:
>
>> glxgears seemed to take up
>> about 50% of CPU at the lowest frequency on my T40, 600MHz.
>

> Actually not true - 20%.

really interesting !
I was far away of the truth, as not using DRI prevents GPU from being
under heavy load.
Is my case, GPU never overcome 60°, and that is when running cpuburn, so
CPU is even hotter.

I think that 70° for the GPU is acceptable, but that is a limit, and
glxgears doesn't use all the feature of the GPU.
It may be more reasonnable to monitor this GPU temp value too.
I will rewrite the script in order to monitor GPU and CPU in a simple -
and maybe inteligent - maner.
I'll send it here when I am sure it is not buggy :)

Paul