[ltp] Fan always on problem... does it happen on R52 with the Intel Media Gr

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:36:24 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Paul RIVIER wrote:

> I will rewrite the script in order to monitor GPU and CPU in a simple - and
> maybe inteligent - maner.
> I'll send it here when I am sure it is not buggy :)

It'd be really nice to throw battery temperature in there too,
because that's critical to LiIon lifetime - but as I said before,
I understand if it'll get complicated.

This guide may help in determining battery temperature limits:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

(first table) - this makes me quite nervous about allowing my battery
to get above the upper parts of the 30-40C range, and it's currently
34C (how about others'?). I guess it heats and cools by conduction
from the CPU etc., so will be slower to heat and cool.

Could you leave in the commented lines at the top of the init script
I added?  They're really useful in Fedora/Red Hat - they allow
chkconfig and other utils that enable runlevels to work.

Honey