[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Tony linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:03:32 -0400

I have been using Ubuntu on my X40.  I am overall very happy with it.

I use to use various Red Hat/Fedora distros (before I owned a
thinkpad) but scuttled them for debian based distros, especially
Ubuntu.  I find them much easier to maintain and I don't get the
dependency hell I use to get constantly with RPMS.

The only problems I have with Ubuntu on my Thinkpad and not yet solved
are external video (which I have not needed yet) and my battery life
is not any better in sleep mode than when awake.