[ltp] Problem with an A31p

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:42:43 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 17:16:52 -0400, Bert Haskins wrote:

[...]

> >If this is the case, I guess the mainboard is broken. My A30 is also
> >broken.
> >
> This seems to be a very!! common problem on A30/A31s and replacement
> Mboards are
> very expensive, even used ones.
> ... Bert

I discovered that there is a spacer at the inside of the bottom of the
case, which presses directly on the motherboard, right beside the
Radeon chip. My theory is that if you carry your A3x around very often
and put pressure on the case during this, the spacer will put pressure
on the motherboard due to the flexible case, and the motherboard will
break sooner or later.

In my point of view, this is a horrible design fault.

Regards,
Tino