[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Martin Eslon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:15:42 +0300

I run knoppix-based distro: knoppixSTD, and it runs just fine. boots up=20
couple of minutes, but my TP is T21 ; ). have tried RHat, but once u have=20
gone apt-get there's no going back (to rpm -iv...; ). i recommend=20
installing knoppix on laptop - better hw support, already tailored to=20
contain all the necessary programs. and u can try it out running from cd=20
before u install it to hdd.