[ltp] Re: Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:39:29 +1000

James Knott <james.knott@rogers.com> writes:
> Jaime Iniesta wrote:
>> Thanks everybody, I'm happy with FC4 despite the fact it takes 2 minutes
>> to start on my PC, due to all the services it starts at boot time.
>>
>> I'll try Debian on the Thinkpad, not because I'm not happy with FC4, but
>> because I want to try another distro, just to learn about it.
>
> Last week, I installed Debian on a Toshiba notebook.  After that
> experience, I'm glad I run SuSE.

In the vague hope of doing something useful in this thread, what
problems did you run into?  That way, maybe Debian can fix them and you
can have a less painful experience next time. ;)

    Daniel