[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:40:37 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Matt Graham wrote:

>> I don't use KDE a lot - but what I do with gnome-terminal is define a
>> command icon to do something like:
>> gnome-terminal --geometry=80x50+156+57 --tab -e "screen -D -RR" \
>>                 --tab -e "ssh -t remotehost -Y screen -D -RR"
>
> Start konsole.  Set stuff up the way you want it--fonts, number of tabs,
> what's running in the tabs, window position, etcetera.  Settings->Save
> Sessions Profile.  You'll get asked for a filename.  The sessions
> profile will be saved to ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles/ .  Then
> you can start a konsole exactly like the one you saved with the
> -profile option to konsole.  The profile file is plaintext (of course)
> and it's pretty obvious to see what's up if you look at it.

Still don't see how I can reproduce the above - sorry to be dim, I'm
sure the answer's obvious.  To simplify the example I want konsole
to start with one tab logged in locally, and one tab logged into
a remote machine.  Going by your recipe, I start konsole, click on
"New Shell", and run "ssh remotehost" (optionally exec'ing it).

I then save it with a profile name, consult the profile and see
that both Args0 and Args1 are set to /bin/zsh (my shell) - it hasn't
saved my final state (logged into remotehost) but instead my initial
shell, which is kind of what I expected.  I try and hack Arg1 to do a
"/usr/bin/ssh remotehost" (with and without quote) but it won't work.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious if you say I can do it - what
is it?

Honey