[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:12:19 -0400

On Monday 15 August 2005 13:40, after a long battle with technology,
honey@gneek.com wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Matt Graham wrote:
> > Start konsole.  Set stuff up the way you want it--fonts, number of
> > tabs, what's running in the tabs, window position, etcetera.
> > Settings->Save Sessions Profile.  You'll get asked for a filename.
> > The sessions profile will be saved to
> > ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/profiles/ .  Then you can start a konsole
> > exactly like the one you saved with the -profile option to konsole.
> To simplify the example I want konsole
> to start with one tab logged in locally, and one tab logged into
> a remote machine.

That's different--instead of tab N starting a shell, it needs to start
another command.

> I then save it with a profile name, consult the profile and see
> that both Args0 and Args1 are set to /bin/zsh (my shell) - it hasn't
> saved my final state (logged into remotehost)

No, of course not.  "Final states" are *complex*.  If you want to have a
tab start off as logged in to another machine, it needs to have its
ArgsN set to something different.

> I try and hack Arg1 to do a "/usr/bin/ssh remotehost" (with and
> without quote) but it won't work.

Args0=/bin/sh,-c,bash -l

...shell is /bin/sh , command string after -c is interpreted by /bin/sh
and executed.  So--

Args0=/bin/sh,-c,ssh somewhere.org

...and the first tab will execute "ssh somewhere.org" when konsole is
started with that profile.  There's a GUI to configure the initial
arguments to a konsole schema somewhere as well.

--
   I will rule you all with my iron fist.  YOU!  Obey the fist!
   --Invader Zim