[ltp] T21 battery charging and draining problems

Robert Kleemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:56:38 -0700

Tom Adelstein wrote:

>That leads me to one conclusion - Linux needs re-engineering to work on
>the T21. I'm currently investigating this issue. I can do everything in
>Linux I can do in the other OS and I'm using apm not acpi - which is the
>correct architecture. By the time I get through the bootup process, I
>don't have time to issue a suspend command, the battery starts to go
>when gnome appears.
>
>So, something within the system hardware isn't getting turned on or off.

Thanks for the comments.  It sounds like I'm in for an uphill battle.

I'm still getting everything running (installing gentoo) and power
management is my next task.  I'm going to give ACPI a shot since it
seems to be more actively developed than apm.  I'll let you know about
any success stories.

Robert.