[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:36:26 +0200

------=_Part_4020_31241212.1124141786877

I want to switch to a different distro because I want to learn more about=
=20
Linux. I've been on Linux since last october, so I'm not a complete newbie,=
=20
but I'm not an expert.

On the other hand, I'm installing it on the new laptop I'm going to buy, an=
d=20
I can expect some configuration problems, so I need a distro where most of=
=20
the components on my laptop are recognized almost out-of-the-box, if=20
possible.

I'm considering Ubuntu right now.

Thanks,

Jaime

2005/8/15, Bret Comstock Waldow <bwaldow@woosh.co.nz>:
>=20
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:46, Jaime Iniesta wrote:
> > Hi, I'm currently a Fedora Core 4 user on my PC. I'm thinking about=20
> trying
> > a different distro on my new Thinkpad R52.
>=20
> If you could tell us why you are thinking of switching, we might be able=
=20
> answer more specific questions.
>=20
> For instance...
>=20
> "I want something that supports all of the R52 out of the box without
> tweaking, as it's for my Mom, who doesn't want to know anything about
> computers"
>=20
> or
>=20
> "I want to look under the hood more, and learn about Linux internals"
>=20
> or
>=20
> "It's for someone who is blind"
>=20
> or
>=20
> "I want to use all of the Thinkpad, but optimize it for games"
>=20
> or
>=20
>=20
> Cheers,
> Bret
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_4020_31241212.1124141786877

I want to switch to a different distro because I want to learn more
about Linux. I've been on Linux since last october, so I'm not a
complete newbie, but I'm not an expert.<br>
On the other hand, I'm installing it on the new laptop I'm going to
buy, and I can expect some configuration problems, so I need a distro
where most of the components on my laptop are recognized almost
out-of-the-box, if possible.<br>
I'm considering Ubuntu right now.<br>
Thanks,<br>
Jaime<br>
t;<a href=3D"mailto:bwaldow@woosh.co.nz">bwaldow@woosh.co.nz</a>&gt;:</span=
 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 02:46, Jaime Iniesta wrote:<br>&gt; Hi, I'm currently a=
 Fedora Core 4 user on my PC. I'm thinking about trying<br>&gt; a different=
 distro on my new Thinkpad R52.<br><br>If you could tell us why you are thi=
nking of switching, we might be able to
ant something that supports all of the R52 out of the box without<br>tweaki=
ng, as it's for my Mom, who doesn't want to know anything about<br>computer=
s&quot;
ze it for games&quot;
nplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes P=
UNTO org
neta.blogspot.com/</a>

------=_Part_4020_31241212.1124141786877--