[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Dillon Lawson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:22:50 -0400

I second Gentoo as the best os for a Thinkpad, it has the best support
with forums and wiki's.  Installing Gentoo really lets you know
_everything_ about your system.  Tho the install is time consuming but
once thats done it will be faster then any Thinkpad using binary
packages out there.  Who know where those Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, or
Suse packages were built.....

Also i can confirm the pcmcia, bluetooth and ir works on my t43p.

this subject is all preference tho.

--dillon