[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:53:55 -0400

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 22:39 +0100, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> I'd urge you to be careful with that kernel, if you have ext3
> filesystems.  If you do, see the thread:

> http://lists.suspend2.net/lurker/thread/20050709.093137.ad0c7fa6.en.html#20050709.093137.ad0c7fa6

I use FC3 on my main machine - partially because of issues like this  (X
server issues which I'm not anxious to re-fix on my main laptop are
another reason).  The kernel I'm using has software suspend version
2.1.8.2, which from what I can tell from the mailing list predates where
the problem showed up.

I still back up my data as always.  After all, I could screw things up
just as bad by being unlucky enough to drop my laptop the wrong way.

*  Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/