[ltp] Re: Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:37:27 +0200

--=-RmOcm8w4u4TMH4zmZlxa

Hi,

> > I am, personally, unconvinced that watching software compile grants any
> > sort of magical knowledge of how it operates, or the best way to
> > configure it. ;)
> I agree, but seeing the software compile and configuring it reinforces yo=
ur=20
> knowledge about what s/w you have installed on your machine.

Believe me, it doesn't. ;-) I'm on LFS and if i wouldn't have my nice
little installation documentation file...i wouldn't remember anything.

I think the best advantage of compiling things yourself is that you can
choose your own dependencies. You don't have to have stuff installed
that you don't use anyway.

Andr=E9.

--=-RmOcm8w4u4TMH4zmZlxa

--=-RmOcm8w4u4TMH4zmZlxa--