[ltp] Managing network connections

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:41:27 +0200

--=-7KsqNp/WEPGE/+FmnYds

Hi,

I'm still using waproamd with a little modified default script.

waproamd is said to be obsolete and replaced by wpa_supplicant, but i
think that's true only for the key management part of it, not for the
association and network management part.

However, Debian has a similar thing called net-detect, if i remember
properly.

You can basically do it all in scripts.

(Don't expect the comfort of IBMs AccessConnections.)

Andr=E9.

On Mo, 2005-08-15 at 19:19 -0700, Greg Kimberly wrote:
> This discusion of the "best distro" reminds me of my main issue in=20
> running linux my T41 - managing network connections. I'm dual booting=20
> into Suse and haven't found a good tool for managing network=20
> connections - especially constantly changing WiFi ones.  (A Suse rep=20
> at OSCon this month could only suggest using Yast to remove the wifi=20
> adapter and then adding it in again with a new WEP key - not ideal.)
>=20
> What are folks using? In there any tool out there akin to the IBM=20
> connections manager?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20