[ltp] Debian Sarge Installation on Thinkpad T41

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:49:54 +0200

--=-LxaWAqpDN10vUPlDcsnt

> > i recently compiled the ibm_hdaps driver for the aps system on my
> > t41p ... this works, you can read out values from the accelerometer.
> > i think aps is also in some of the x series thinkpads.
>=20
> Does it protect anything, or does it just print out values?  I can see
> this encouraging bad behavior if all it does it print out values. :)
>=20
> "Let's see how fast this s-o-b will go!  Whoo, hoo!"

That's a feature, silly. As every good peace of software, it leaves the
choice to you: It prints out values so that YOU can estimate when it's
time for YOU to shutdown your computer to protect it. Pretty smart,
isn't it.

Andr=E9.

PS: Seriously talking, i think it comes with a test app that can power
down your harddrive, but not sure.

--=-LxaWAqpDN10vUPlDcsnt

--=-LxaWAqpDN10vUPlDcsnt--