[ltp] Debian Sarge Installation on Thinkpad T41

Andreas Loeffler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:15:25 +0200

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 22:09 -0600, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:

> > > Does it protect anything, or does it just print out values?  I can see
> > > this encouraging bad behavior if all it does it print out values. :)
> > >
> > > "Let's see how fast this s-o-b will go!  Whoo, hoo!"
> >
> > That's a feature, silly. As every good peace of software, it leaves the
> > choice to you: It prints out values so that YOU can estimate when it's
> > time for YOU to shutdown your computer to protect it. Pretty smart,
> > isn't it.
indeed that's rather smart.
btw. i think under windows you have to configure aps yourself as
well ... who else should determine how you use you laptop ?

> > André.
> >
> > PS: Seriously talking, i think it comes with a test app that can power
> > down your harddrive, but not sure.
> Silly?
>
> How about if you 2 smart asses try to make the driver yourselfs? The
> driver is being worked, not many people is interested in this feature,
> maybe because they don't have $20000 in data value in the hard drives.
>
> Some folks are working and asking LKML on how to make the HD to *really*
> park and make it safe for the users.
>
> If you wish and care about making it work, please take a look at the
> software and send as many patches as you want.

the project is here:
http://hdaps.sourceforge.net/