[ltp] Re: Managing network connections

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:18:07 +0200

--=-0lB7WFgWqigBOWHJzDoa

Hi,

thanks a lot. That already sounds like i could give it a go.

Just a few more questions:

As i understand you, wpa_supplicant runs a daemon that waits for the
network interface to become active and THEN configures the keys.

I take it there is no way to actually make wpa_supplicant watch the
network interface and initialize network configuration as waproamd did?

I would just like to have a daemon to trigger a change in available
access points independent of interface configuration and signal that to
some script, i.e. by passing the preferred available ESSID. Is that
possible with wpa_supplicant? The rest i'm able to do in scripting.

Actually the association figuring i should be able to do in scripting as
well, but i was hoping wpa_supplicant could do that because waproamd was
able to.

Andr=E9.

--=-0lB7WFgWqigBOWHJzDoa

--=-0lB7WFgWqigBOWHJzDoa--