[ltp] Thinkpad APM Support

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:09:13 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Andrew Jesaitis wrote:

> Okay got it working...  /etc/sysconfig/system-config-securitylevel disables
> the firewall, which appears to have no effect on the acpid.  But, disabling
> apmd selinux protection worked.

There are two tabs on s-c-securitylevel - the first deals with
firewall, the second with SELinux, I'm pretty sure unconnected.
You'd need to specifically pick the second tab, open up "SELinux
Service Protection" and check "Disable SELinux protection for apmd
daemon" - has the same effect as changing the boolean file.  I'm
pretty sure /etc/sysconfig/system-config-securitylevel is only
affected by the first tab, and doesn't affect SELinux in any way.

> No you got it.  Basically is there a GUI (gnome) equivalent of su?

Well, you could add a gnome menu item that does a
"gnome-terminal -e su -"... or whatever.  You might want to look into
screen to run concurrent logins in one window: man screen.

Honey