[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Joe Christy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:16:46 -0700

  Vis-a-vis Honey's note of 08/16/2005 11:28 AM:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Joe Christy wrote:
>>> ... About the only other obvious thing I'd miss from
>>> gnome-terminal is right-click URLs to kick off a browser. ...
>>
>>     As I recall, this is the _default_ behavior for KDE, though I
>> found it
>> incredibly annoying, so I turned it off. I'm afraid I don't recall where
>> I turned it off, sorry.
>

> Hmm - it's not on by default in my konsole - and can't obviously
> see an option to turn URL-recognition on as per gnome-terminal.
> Maybe I'm blind...

	You're right about the right-click thing, of course. What I observed
was that, unsolicited by me, whenever I would do an X-select, i.e. left
click and drag, on a URL in _any_ window of any application with the KDE
look-and-feel, that KDE would pop open Konqueror pointed at that URL.
	I've just looked again in all the most likely seeming  (to me) places
in the Control Panel and Konqueror, and failed to find the toggle.
Unfortunately (for me), I've always found the layout of user preferences
in KDE none too intuitive, and the documentation even less so ;).

	Joe

--
------------------ http://public.xdi.org/=joe.christy ------------------