[ltp] T43: How well does it work?

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:44:19 +0200

At Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:37:21 +0200,
Torkild U. Resheim wrote:
> > * Does hibernation work flawlessly?
> No. But I understand it's because I'm using the ATI drivers to get more 3D
> performance. These does not support hibernation.

I see.  Does anyone how well the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
works with a T43 under LINUX?  How's the quality of its VGA output?

BTW, I've read in several places that hibernation works, but that it
involves patches here and there.  Unfortunately, though, software
suspend seems to be a must.  I was hoping that hibernation can be done
by the laptops BIOS following a simple ACPI command (I'm only accustomed
to hibernation on laptops using APM).

--
Felix E. Klee