[ltp] "Missing operating system" when booting restorepartition

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:27:04 -0500 (CDT)

jgidi@umd.umich.edu said:

> In my experience, Rescue & Restore refused to work properly when I had GRUB
> written to the MBR. If NTLDR (the Windows bootloader) is on the MBR, Rescue &
> Restore works fine. I'm assuming that you probably have GRUB as your
> bootloader, and it's on the MBR. If you can put NTLDR back on the MBR, I'm
> guessing your Rescue & Restore will work fine. Unfortunately, that
> leads to the
> question of: how do I boot Linux?

On my T42, Ubuntu picked out the predesktop area and called it "Windows
NT/2000" and gave it a GRUB entry.  I'm able to access it directly from the
menu listing in GRUB whenever I boot.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com