[ltp] activating 3 button on a t40p under debian sarge

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:44:24 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Leon Brokken wrote:

> I might be missing the point here (so sue ME), but on my T41 all of the
> buttons work well, with the middle trackpoint button acting exactly as
> pressing the leftand right button...

Leon - I don't actually use the trackpoint though, and it's disabled.
At least I think it is, I actually removed the little stub as it was
damaging my screen.  Certainly the track*point* buttons do nothing.

I'm not even sure how to enable it, it was so long ago - I boot with
psmouse.proto=imps - without it, even in the latest kernels, my mouse
behaves erratically.

The point being that I use the track*pad* (touchpad).  I don't have
anything but standard Xorg drivers, don't use the synaptic driver
etc. - life's too complicated!

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Josh Battles wrote:

> I may be wrong here but I figured that the middle button was only for
> scrolling, and since there's a stripe on the right-hand side of the touchpad
> that functions as a scroll bar, the middle button wasn't necessary.  That
> functionality worked right out of the box for me but the middle button for
> the trackpoint (eraser) didn't; it functiond as a regular click until I
> changed it.

Hmm - no stripe on my touchpad.  You need to install the synaptic
drivers for that, yes?  Not being a trackpoint user, I always assumed
the middle button was a... middle button.  I'm wrong?  I mean, mine
couldn't be used for scrolling - it only has one direction, down..!

I think we're missing each other here.  If you use the touchpad, are
you saying the trackpoint buttons (above) it work as well as the
buttons below it?  And you can change their funtionality?  How?  Mine
are dead.

Honey