[ltp] Re: Cloning a hard disk?

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:51:27 -0400

Well, the cloning is in process. What I did is boot up from the
Knoppix CD, then open a shell, become root with su and...

dd if=3D/dev/hda of=3D/dev/uba bs=3D10M

It is taking quite a lot of time, 15 minutes now but I can expect
several hours maybe... This PC has an old and slow USB connector.
Anyway I want to try what happens with that.

AlBundy, thanks for the tip on the HD adapter. I have seen it costs 43
euros on Lenovo, seems like a good idea, this way I could have both
drives always connected, and maybe use the second hard drive as
additional storage on Linux, mounting it from there. Do you know if I
can decide which drive to boot from, on BIOS?

Jaime