[ltp] Remove hidden partitions

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:10:19 -0400

------=_Part_3355_20150429.1124395819624

OK, so you know I'm trying to clone the hard drive on my TP to a second har=
d=20
drive, just to put Windows where it deserves to be, on a secondary hard=20
drive, and use the primary hard drive to install Linux.

So, when I finish cloning the original hard drive and everything is OK, my=
=20
plan is installing Ubuntu on the first drive. I think that the Ubuntu=20
installer asks you if you want to erase all the existing partitions and=20
create new ones, which is what I want to do to remove the Windows partition=
=20
and that hidden one, and use 100% of the drive for Ubuntu.

But... I wonder if that hidden partition is write protected some way, maybe=
=20
on BIOS? If that is the case, what should I do to be able to erase the whol=
e=20
drive?

I still wonder why IBM decided to waste space on the drive instead of=20
supplying a CD with the Windows installer. Do you think that hidden=20
partition is any good?

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_3355_20150429.1124395819624

OK, so you know I'm trying to clone the hard drive on my TP to a second
hard drive, just to put Windows where it deserves to be, on a secondary
hard drive, and use the primary hard drive to install Linux.<br>
So, when I finish cloning the original hard drive and everything is OK,
my plan is installing Ubuntu on the first drive. I think that the
Ubuntu installer asks you if you want to erase all the existing
partitions and create new ones, which is what I want to do to remove
the Windows partition and that hidden one, and use 100% of the drive
for Ubuntu.<br>
But... I wonder if that hidden partition is write protected some way,
maybe on BIOS? If that is the case, what should I do to be able to
erase the whole drive?<br>
I still wonder why IBM decided to waste space on the drive instead of
supplying a CD with the Windows installer. Do you think that hidden
a<br>email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber: capitanplaneta=
 ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org<br>webs: <a href=3D"http://capitanplaneta.blogsp=
ot.com/">
http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/</a>

------=_Part_3355_20150429.1124395819624--