[ltp] "Missing operating system" when booting restorepartition

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:55:26 -0500 (CDT)

jgidi@umd.umich.edu said:

> Quoting Josh Battles <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com>:
>

>> On my T42, Ubuntu picked out the predesktop area and called it "Windows
>> NT/2000" and gave it a GRUB entry.  I'm able to access it directly from the
>> menu listing in GRUB whenever I boot.
>
> Josh,
>
> My system did the same thing, but it wouldn't boot properly into
> predesktop from
> GRUB. IIRC, I got a blue screen of death every time I tried. Have you
> actually
> tested booting into the predesktop?
>
> Joe

I hadn't tested booting into it until I read your email so I tested it and
sure enough it blue screened just after the progress bar went all the way
across the screen.

Peter, if you still want the grub.conf file let me know and I'll post the
contents.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com