[ltp] SXGA+ versus XGA resolution, any suggestions?

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:39:33 -0700

> Still don't see how I can reproduce the above - sorry to be dim, I'm
> sure the answer's obvious.  To simplify the example I want konsole
> to start with one tab logged in locally, and one tab logged into
> a remote machine.  Going by your recipe, I start konsole, click on
> "New Shell", and run "ssh remotehost" (optionally exec'ing it).

that can definitely be done with rxvt and also with screen, e.g.

rxvt -e mutt &  # start mutt in an rxvt console

screen -d -m -S "Mail screen" mutt &  # start mutt in a (detached)
screen session

starting a term logged into a remote box is the same:

rxvt -e ssh remote.host.org  # copy public ssh id to remote machine for
passwordless login