[ltp] "Missing operating system" when booting restorepartition

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:18:14 +0200

------=_Part_4112_10424240.1124439494468

What did you tell IBM to convince them of sending the restore disks? I gues=
s=20
that if you tell them that you changed the partitions, installed another OS=
,=20
etc., they would't like it... I mean like "sorry, but we only support=20
Windows, you broke your drive with Linux, so you fix it on your own" or=20
something like that...

Jaime!

So I called IBM and they are sending me a set of restore disks. I guess
> I learned all about the Predesktop Environment the experimental way! No
> harm done.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --
> Daniel
>=20
> --
>=20

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_4112_10424240.1124439494468

What did you tell IBM to convince them of sending the restore disks? I
guess that if you tell them that you changed the partitions, installed
another OS, etc., they would't like it... I mean like "sorry, but we
only support Windows, you broke your drive with Linux, so you fix it on
your own&quot; or something like that...<br>
Jaime!<br>
quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt =
0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">So I called IBM and they are sending me a se=
t of restore disks.&nbsp;&nbsp;I guess