[ltp] Preferred distro for Thinkpads?

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:20:45 +0200

------=_Part_4144_27149612.1124439645749

No, I'm not in experimental stage, just in learning stage :-)

I've been using Fedora Core for several months, now it's time to try anothe=
r=20
distro. I chose Ubuntu this time. I'll use it for several months and then=
=20
try another one. Let's call it slow-motion experimental stage.

Jaime!

2005/8/19, prosolutions@gmx.net <prosolutions@gmx.net>:
>=20
> >
> > Thanks everybody, I'm happy with FC4 despite the fact it takes 2 minute=
s=20
> > start on my PC, due to all the services it starts at boot time.
> >
> > I'll try Debian on the Thinkpad, not because I'm not happy with FC4, bu=
> > because I want to try another distro, just to learn about it.
> >
>=20
>=20
> Sounds like you're in an experimental stage and it might be best to have
> two or even three OSes installed on your system. Just partition it and
> install several. They can share the same swap partition. You could
> even do something like install Xen with NetBSD as dom0 and various
> Linuxes as guest domains.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Daniel
>=20
>=20

--=20

Jaime Iniesta AKA Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
webs: http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/

------=_Part_4144_27149612.1124439645749

No, I'm not in experimental stage, just in learning stage :-)<br>
I've been using Fedora Core for several months, now it's time to try
another distro. I chose Ubuntu this time. I'll use it for several
months and then try another one. Let's call it slow-motion experimental
stage.<br>
Jaime!<br>
lutions@gmx.net">prosolutions@gmx.net</a> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:prosolution=
s@gmx.net">prosolutions@gmx.net</a>&gt;:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_q=
uote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0=
pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
&gt;<br>&gt; Thanks everybody, I'm happy with FC4 despite the fact it takes=
 2 minutes to<br>&gt; start on my PC, due to all the services it starts at =
boot time.<br>&gt;<br>&gt; I'll try Debian on the Thinkpad, not because I'm=
 not happy with FC4, but
best to have<br>two or even three OSes installed on your system.&nbsp;&nbsp=
;Just partition it and
p;&nbsp;You could<br>even do something like install Xen with NetBSD as dom0=
ockquote></div><br>
neta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO=
 org<br>webs: <a href=3D"http://capitanplaneta.blogspot.com/">http://capita=
nplaneta.blogspot.com/
</a>

------=_Part_4144_27149612.1124439645749--