[ltp] ACPI suspend to RAM on T21

Michael Selway linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:04:28 +0100

Neil Caunt writes:
 > > If I enabled ACPI, the 3Com card failed to be recognized.
 >
 > I also have that problem, so I wrote a quick workaround until it's fixed:
 >
 > http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_3Com_10/100_Ethernet_card_not_being_recognized#Alternative_to_disabling_ACPI
 >
 > I'd be interested to know if it works with models other than my X20.

(I'm replying to a message from late June...)

Neil, Your script fixes the problem perfectly on my T21.  The
minipci ethernet card ("3Com Corporation 3c556B CardBus [Tornado]
(rev 20)") is rejected by the driver; I unload the 3c59x module,
run your setpci command, and reinsert the module.  The card then
works flawlessly.

Many thanks for your efforts: it deserves more publicity on this
list.

Michael.