[ltp] activating 3 button on a t40p under debian sarge

Peter B. West linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:33:41 +0100

Wolfgang Karall wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 10:45 +0100, Peter B. West wrote:
>
>>The only mouse options I have set in xorg.conf are Protocol and Device.
>

> To get scrolling independent of the application you need to add
>
>         Option          "EmulateWheel"          "true"
>         Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"

Yes, I tried that, ...

> to your xorg.conf InputDevice section. Since the middle button stops
> working as a regular button

... and noticed this result, so I took it away immediately.  Losing my
middle button is (for me) too great a price to pay.

> then, adding
>
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>
> is probably also a good idea, so you can use pressing left+right button
> simulatenously as middle click.

Left+right is bad enough on a two-button mouse - frequent misses, with
often messy results.  I wonder if it would be possible to use, say
Fn+middle to trigger the scrolling behaviour?

Peter
--
Peter B. West <http://cv.pbw.id.au/>
Folio <http://defoe.sourceforge.net/folio/>