[ltp] "Missing operating system" when booting restorepartition

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:51:56 +0300

--Boundary_(ID_0MaCbhgfopXxrNsw0ZyxVQ)

I told them I installed Linux but wanted to restore WIndows now. They
sent the cd set without a problem. This was in Finland.

Christopher Sawtell wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:18, Jaime Iniesta wrote:
>

>>What did you tell IBM to convince them of sending the restore disks? I
>>guess that if you tell them that you changed the partitions, installed
>>another OS, etc., they would't like it... I mean like "sorry, but we only
>>support Windows, you broke your drive with Linux, so you fix it on your
>>own" or something like that...
>>

>Just tell them that you had to replace the drive, or that the previous owner
>had installed Linux on it. I understand either will work most of the time.

--Boundary_(ID_0MaCbhgfopXxrNsw0ZyxVQ)

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I told them I installed Linux but wanted to restore WIndows now. They
sent the cd set without a problem. This was in Finland.<br>
Christopher Sawtell wrote:
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">What did you tell IBM to convince them of sending the restore disks? I
guess that if you tell them that you changed the partitions, installed
another OS, etc., they would't like it... I mean like "sorry, but we only
support Windows, you broke your drive with Linux, so you fix it on your
own" or something like that...
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Just tell them that you had to replace the drive, or that the previous owner
had installed Linux on it. I understand either will work most of the time. </pre>

--Boundary_(ID_0MaCbhgfopXxrNsw0ZyxVQ)--