[ltp] activating 3 button on a t40p under debian sarge

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:09:04 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Josh Battles wrote:

>> I could swear as someone else reported that the trackpoint doesn't
>> work when both trackpoint and touchpad are enabled: just confirmed
>> they are both set to "Automatic" in the BIOS (v2.11 - a bit older)
>> and with the previous kernel boot option.  Without the boot option,
>> the touchpad is erratic.
>>
>> Maybe it's a T40 thing.
>
> It's possible, because it all works for me.  The only thing I had to do was
> configure the center button for the trackpoint.
>
> If you'd like me to post any config files or whatever, just let me know where
> they're located and what they're called.

Yes, I'm a bit baffled here, reading other posts - I can't tell if
others who use the middle trackpoint button as a middle-click (which
is what I really want, not a scroll) have the touchpad enabled.  If
they do, then I'm stumped, because it won't work for me.

Josh, /etc/X11/xorg.conf may be handy - just send to me privately
unless anyone else expressed an interested on-list - thanks.

It's my fuddled mind maybe, but could anyone else definitely confirm
that yes, they have the touchpad enabled (if their thinkpad has one),
and that yes, the trackpoint middle-click button above it works as
well?

Honey