[ltp] "Missing operating system" when booting restorepartition

Josh Battles linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:50:46 -0500 (CDT)

Peter B. West said:
> Josh Battles wrote:
>> jgidi@umd.umich.edu said:
>>
>> I hadn't tested booting into it until I read your email so I tested it and
>> sure enough it blue screened just after the progress bar went all the way
>> across the screen.
>>
>> Peter, if you still want the grub.conf file let me know and I'll post the
>> contents.
>>

> Josh,
>
> May as well.  I don't think I got that far when I tried.
>
> Peter

Well, apparently when I installed Ubuntu it didn't create grub.conf in the
/boot/grub directory so all I can give you is the entry from my menu.lst
file.  I run Debian on my desktop and server and I've got a grub.conf file in
the /boot/grub directory in addition to the rest of the stuff, I don't know
why I don't have that file with this Ubuntu install. (does Ubuntu put it
elsewhere?)

# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux OS
# on /dev/hda2
title		Windows NT/2000/XP
root		(hda0,1)
savedefault