[ltp] Re: Cloning a hard disk?

Javier (a.k.a AlBundy) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:06:38 +0200

On 8/18/05, Jaime Iniesta <capitanplaneta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks everybody for the help. Hey AlBundy! I am also on Madrid!!!
>>Hope you are too on the Linux Madrid mailing list.
I don=B4t know this mail list. But I'm "oversaturated" with another 5
mailing lists, no more please!!! X-)

I prefer "es.comp.os.linux.*" news.

=20
> AlBundy, thanks for the tip on the HD adapter. I have seen it costs 43
> euros on Lenovo.
> seems like a good idea, this way I could have both
> drives always connected, and maybe use the second hard drive as
> additional storage on Linux, mounting it from there. Do you know if I
> can decide which drive to boot from, on BIOS?
I don=B4t know, I use 2nd disk as storage. In a T23 with Ultrabay2000,
the second hard disk is hdc, exactly as the optical drive.

Nevertheless, in a desktop computer I have 2 disks in hda and hdc, and
I boot with LILO menu in hda: in this menu I have entries for some
linux distros (and old windozes) installed in hdc, and they boots ok.

One question: how and where do you buy the Thinkpad in Spain: online
at IBM website, some computer store...?. I think, If I Remeber
Correctly, that in this list someone mentioned that if your laptop is
under warranty, you can ask for Recovery CDs directly to IBM, and they
must send you! See this link:
              http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ordering_Recovery_CDs

AlBundy