[ltp] Re: Cloning a hard disk?

Andrew Crawford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:03:19 -0700

Hi Bert,

I have done it both with older versions of Ghost and using Partition
Image (previously described).  If you create a partition of the same
size on the destination disk and, restore/copy your partition there, you
can use software like Partition Editor (parted - available on the
previously-mentioned System Rescue CD) or (the commercial package)
Partition Magic to resize the partition to the desired size.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "copy but do not restore properly."
 Is the copied (destination) partition just completely unreadable after
you are done?  Or something else?

Andrew Crawford