[ltp] T43: How well does it work?

Bret Comstock Waldow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:44:14 +1200

--nextPart29604347.40pXytK9Zq

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 22:44, Felix E. Klee wrote:

> BTW, I've read in several places that hibernation works, but that it
> involves patches here and there.

swsusp2 requires patches.  swsusp(1) is in the kernel already.  You may hav=
e=20
to enable it and recompile.  It doesn't compress the image it writes to the=
=20
swap partition, so you need a bigger swap than RAM to use it.

It works fine on my T42 (Radeon 9600 M10, 1.7G Pentium M).  Suspend to RAM =
is=20
in the kernel too, and appears to 'just work'.

Cheers,
Bret