[ltp] No sound with Linux on T40p

Cedric Ware linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:11:32 +0200

	Hello,

> I emerge the alsa-driver from gentoo, along with alsa-lib, alsa-utils,
> alsa-tools and alsa-oss.  I imagine that the alsa devs or Debian
> packagers have a way of applying the latest alsa driver to your kernel;
> ask at alsa.

I see.  But the latest stable release of alsa-driver is 1.0.9b, and that's
what already was in kernel 2.6.13-rc6-mm1.  Now, your suggestion prompted
me to try the driver's development release, 1.0.10rc1, but nothing changed.
Do you think it would make a difference if I also tried to upgrade
alsa-utils and such?

> supported.  I don't know, in  any case, that snd_intel8x0m is required
> in your sound settings.

No, only for the modem, but I seem to remember an allusion somewhere about
snd_intel8x0 not working when snd_intel8x0m was loaded.  So I don't load
it now.

					Thank you,
					Cedric.