[ltp] Installing IBM_ACPI?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:12:01 -0400 (EDT)

> As far as I can see the driver is compiled in my kernel now (My
> kernel version is: 2.6.11.4.-21.2)

 	Correct, but that is the wrong driver. You want the one from
ibm-acpi.sf.net, v0.11, not v.08.

> Problem: How can I see the temperature of the six sensors of my
> thinkpad? Using "cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/temperature" it
> appears only one temperature.

 	If you don't have /proc/acpi/ibm/temperature, then you're
using the wrong version of ibm-acpi. This is what you should see:

$ ls /proc/acpi/ibm/
.    volume      thermal  cmos  light      hotkey
..   brightness  beep     bay   video      driver
fan  ecdump      led      dock  bluetooth

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com