[ltp] Kick up the Fan - R50e Fan problems - Broken governors

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

> 	Its been enabled for months, so yes. The 'full-speed' patch
> seems to keep enough heat off of the GPU to make using it for
> moderate to heavy OpenGL, finally possible... so far. I haven't
> tried it for more than 30 minutes.

 	Ack, looks like the new full-speed acpi patch for the fan
allows me to use OpenGL a bit longer, but not indefinitely. It just
hard-locked the machine at about 45 minutes, with the CPU at 49C and
the GPU at 55C.

 	I'll have to find some better cooling. Who knew this would run
the silicon so darn hot!

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com