[ltp] trackpoint kernel driver

Stephen Evanchik linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:57:53 -0400

On 8/22/05, Richard <rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>=20
> Unfortunately, it's not a module, so I will have to recompile on another
> machine, However, one of the reasons I am testing is to try to beta test
> Mandriva 2006. I could file a bug on this, suggesting that Mandriva shoul=
> support the trackpoint by default. Is there any reason (eg stability or
> conflicts) why your driver shouldn't be included in the distro's kernel?
> Or is it just that it has been overlooked, and should be included by
> default?

I believe the driver has been included in -mm recently so there really
isn't any reason not to include it in the distribution at this point.
There was a bug in 2.6.12 input subsystem that someone created a patch
which I integrated in to the main TrackPoint patch.

>=20
> P.S. Am I correct in my understanding that your driver works to set the
> sensitivity of the older type psaux trackpoints, as well as the newer
> synaptics ones? Also, will it work with an ultranav USB keyboard
> containing trackpoint+touchpad?

It has been tested on TP600's, T23, T30, T40, T40p and T42 and
probably others that I am not aware of. So, yes it will work on any
sufficiently modern ThinkPad. The keyboard I am not sure of. I would
lean towards 'no' right now but support could be added. I don't have a
keyboard in front of me, but I think I know where I can find one.

Stephen