[ltp] t43 and ibm-acpi

Maik Zumstrull linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:36:42 +0200

Domas Monkus wrote:

> I can't get Fn-F7 to work on my T43. Whenever I press these keys,
> nothing happens, even though the hotkeys are all enabled and the
> needed acpi event and action scripts are in place.
> As a matter of fact even doing ' echo "lcd_disable" >
> /proc/acpi/ibm/video ' gives no result. What could be the cause?

Did you try this on a text console?
The X11 drivers often override those functions.

Just for reference, on my system Fn-F7 works on a text console but never
on X11. Expand toggle works on a text console and on X11 with the radeon
driver, but not with X11 and fglrx.

> I was thinking of letting the thinkpad handle Fn-F7 and Fn-F5. How
> should I set the hotkey mask to do this?

That shouldn't change anything, ibm-acpi calls the exact same functions
the Thinkpad would call directly if the keys weren't intercepted by
ibm-acpi.