[ltp] Mute button toggle

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 09:15:27 -0400

Ignacio Fernández Galván wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My R51 has a mute volume button. When I press it, the sound is muted.
> But  it does not toggle, to "unmute" the volume I have to press vol+ or
> vol-.  Is it possible to change this behaviour and make the mute button
> toggle?  Maybe with an acpi script?

As I recall, my R31 does the same.  However, there's one advantage to
this way.  If sound is turned off, and you go to turn it on and don't
hear anything, does that mean there's no sound or perhaps the volume is
turned down or ...?  By using the volume buttons to restore the sound,
you know you're not accidentally turning the sound off.