[ltp] Gentoo Linux ( 2.6.13-rc6 ) running on T20 900 mhz laptop

John Shillinglaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:44:56 -0400

Hello,

I have a T20 Thinkpad with a 900 mhz processor that I have been running
Gentoo linux on for the last 5 months or so with few problems. However,
there are a few bugs I'm trying to sort out.

The first, hopefully is more of a question:

Is there a way to access the number keypad "embedded" within the
keyboard ( '4' on U key, '5' on I, '6' on I, etc ), in a SHIFT mode?
Pressing shift-SckLK turns those keys into a numeric keypad, but's then
it's a pain when I need to type an 'I', etc. Is there a way to remap the
numlock, preferalbly under both a console and X Windows.

Second, I've noticed that anytime I'm playing a video file, after one or
two plays, the video window ( not the whole screen ) goes blank, and I
hear sound but no video. This happens under media player, realplayer,
etc. and has been the same through many kernel revisions, and all recent
updates to X windows, realplayer, etc.

Thanks,
John