[ltp] Little OT: Keyboard with UltraNav on Linux

Andreas Ntaflos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:24:17 +0200

Thanks for your replies!

I am really fond of the UltraNav on my T41p (bought last December) and
as I understand from your replies I should be able to configure the
keyboard just like it.

I do despise the touchpad, too, but it has a great feature: I can use
the right side of it as a scrollwheel (synaptics driver and ZAxisMapping
"4 5"). So it's trackpoint for normal use, touchpad for scrolling and
the trackpoint buttons for mouse buttons one, two and three. I'd really
like that setup on the UltraNav USB keyboard and from what I gather it
should be possible.

This is the relevant section of my xorg.conf on my T41p:

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Driver "synaptics"
    Option "Protocol" "Event"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    Option "SHMConfig" "on"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "UpDownScrolling" "on"
    Option "Finger" "25 30"
    Option "HorizScrollDelta" "400"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "trackpoint"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "SendCoreEvents"
    Option "Buttons" "3"
    Option "Protocol" "Auto"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Should be just about the same for the USB keyboard, shouldn't it? Now
if it only were a little cheaper :)
--
Andreas "daff" Ntaflos
daff AT dword DOT org