[ltp] Touchpad smarts?

Noah Dain linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 22:12:21 -0400

On 8/23/05, Steven J. Owens <puffmail@darksleep.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>      I remember reading that the linux thinkpads have some pretty
> nifty smarts built into the touchpad, so that it analyzes the motion
> and distinguishes between inadvertant brushes and intentional use of
> the touchpad.  Is this behavior in hardware, so I still get it when
> under linux, or is it built into their OEM windows distribution?
>=20
> --
> Steven J. Owens
> puff@darksleep.com

the touchpad is made by synaptics.  There is a rather powerfull driver
for them available for xfree/xorg.  Ubuntu comes with it, although
it's in a separate package.  There is also a command-line
configuration program, and those configs can be put into
XF86Config/xorg.conf.

http://web.telia.com/~u89404340/touchpad/index.html

--=20
Noah Dain